Throughout the design process we liaise extensively with our clients and other stakeholders, as required, to ensure their needs are met and to develop designs that are tailored to each specific site. We provide construction support to ensure engineering designs are constructed to specification, including Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ)/Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) sign-off for our designs and constructed works. We also provide RPEQ/CPEng review and sign-off on third party fish passage designs and constructed works.
Our approach to fish passage design includes:
- Assessment of stream geomorphology to understand design requirements and the potential risks to the operation of the proposed fish passage works.
- Hydrologic and 2D hydraulic modelling to determine the impacts that proposed fish passage works will have upon:
- The ability of fish species to migrate upstream, to quantify the benefit of constructing a proposed fishway; and
- The impacts that the fish passage works will have upon flood hydraulics.
- Concept through to detail design of fish passage works including rock ramp fishways, vertical slot fishways and culvert and bridge upgrades.